Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A book to read: Passionate Learners by Pernille Ripp

I'm excited that one of my favorite education bloggers is publishing a book! Pernille Ripp teaches 5th graders in a classroom that I envy. :)  She moved toward a student-centered and active-learning model, and blogs at Blogging Through The Fourth Dimension about her experiences in addition to now producing a book.

You can read an interview with her here to understand more.

We're seeing more evidence emerging that students learn better when they're more in control of what they learn and how they learn it, when they're given the freedom to move about freely, and when teachers see themselves as guides and learning partners rather than knowledge overlords. I really appreciate Pernille's work to explain how this can work in a real public school classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for wanting to read my book, I do hope you find it thoughtful and inspiring. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
    Best,
    Pernille

    ReplyDelete